Sunday, August 9, 2009


Okay, so I was the first to arrive and I'm the last to post a 'first post' here! I've been in Yogyakarta for a month and, well, it's been quite an experience living in a foreign country alone and having to use what knowledge I have of the language to find my way around! Nevertheless, I survived and it really is true what they say...what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger. ;)

I'm finding it really hard to try and summarise what's happened in the last month and a half so instead I shall try to write about what's coming up next for us three. :)

That picture there is of the entrance to Tiga Lima Homestay (http://tigalima.wordpress.com) where I have been staying since July 1st. It is a beautiful place, and I don't think I would have been able to find such a nice room in Jogja elsewhere at the same price but Feng Yi and I will be moving out at the end of this month to a smaller room in the same kost putri as Therese that is nearer to campus. 

Classes start really soon - this Thursday in fact - and we are really excited to meet our dosen or Bahasa Indonesia teachers. All three of us will be in the same class initially until our teachers decide what level we should be in. Ah, school is just starting and already we are being tested!

Here's a link to my blog that has an FAQ for anyone who is interested in going on exchange at the Gadjah Mada University. I'll be adding more information when I have time and I hope it'll be useful. Check it out here.





No comments:

Post a Comment